With more and more physicians promoting grass-fed beef, free-range eggs, and organic butter as miracle foods, have we forgotten about the scientifically proven power of a vegan diet? Leading cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn wants to set the record straight - eating plants can save your life and the planet too.
With The Plant-Based Solution, Dr. Kahn provides a comprehensive guide for moving toward a plant-based diet, supported by decades of scientific studies on our health and our environment. A vegan of over 30 years, Dr. Kahn includes a 21-day plan for implementing changes in your own life, complete with easy and delicious recipes from his popular vegan restaurant, the Greenspace Café in Ferndale, Michigan. Join Dr. Kahn to explore:
- Expanding compassion through vegan living
- how plant-based eating impacts global warming
- plants and your gut health; major religions and veganism
- the surprising link between vegan diets and sex drive
- reversing cancer and autoimmune disease
- why plants might hold the key to better aging
- and more!