For more than one thousand years, Tibetan thangka paintings have been used as teaching tools and meditation aids to assist practitioners in their awakening to enlightenment. The classic images of buddhas, lamas, and tantric deities open a sacred doorway into the world of Tibetan Buddhism.
This vibrant calendar features twelve thangkas by Jamyong Singye. A lecturer, painter, writer, publisher, and former Tibetan monk, Singye has spent years studying and practicing the Karma Gardri style. His work appears in collections around the world and embodies his belief that "every painting begins with a beautifully simple premise - that every brushstroke is a prayer."
- 12" x 12" wall calendar (12" x 24" open).
- Features extraordinary paintings by students and teachers of Tsering Art School in Nepal.
- A year of exquisite thangkas on your wall.
- The perfect art gift for those interested in Tibetan Buddhism and meditation.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- This calendar features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world's major religions.